Two Cheeky Bunnies


We have had an absolutely wonderful Easter weekend. I love Easter, next to Christmas it is my favourite holiday with all it's joy and symbolism in tribute to our Saviour, Jesus Christ. With Spring finally beginning in Nova Scotia the concept of new life and hope feels all the more real. Our little family's traditions have formed over the years and have culminating into lots of delicious food and fun for the entire weekend. Carrot cake, hot cross buns, lamb and salads were made and shared with our new friends the Spears family and we had lots of time to enjoy leftovers all weekend between play time with the kids. 

Levi put the outdoor furniture on the deck, perfect timing for some beautiful sunny days that we took advantage of soaking up. He also got out the trampoline which the kids love, particularly when Daddy comes on and thinks up games that leave everyone laughing, squealing and out of breath. 

There is always lots to do around the house so we got busy with the necessities of life but I also found time to make a little Easter dress for Primrose out of some bunny fabric I had been saving for the occasion. I love taking on a new pattern, I always learn alot and feel like I've gained so much from the experience. It's also beautiful to see my little girl in a dress I made with love just for her. She loved it! 

Easter morning was very exciting for both kids this year. The Easter bunny in our house is actually Peter Rabbit, this evolved naturally as they know him from his books so well that I guess they assumed it was him! This year he left paw prints which literally made Finley gasp and lots of eggs which have started to get trickier to find. I'm still putting popcorn and blueberries in the eggs but some chocolate has made it's way into the hunt, they are still too young to think they are being ripped off! Finley wanted to dress as Peter himself for church so both kids wore their special Easter outfits and bunny ears and brought big smiles to everyone's faces. 

We had a lovely day at church and it was nice to reflect on what it means to me to have the gospel in my life. To know with assurity that I have a Saviour, who gave his life for me that I may not only live to the fullest here on Earth but also live again. To know that death holds no bounds and that my family is eternal is the greatest of gifts. To think of Mary at the tomb that day, mourning her Saviour only to find him standing before her alive, it's something to hold fast to, that gives direction and purpose and I'm so grateful that I know, really know that the gift is real.  

Easter, what a magical, beautiful time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment